It’s already November, can you believe it?! Halloween has passed and Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on the year and be thankful for all that you have, your family and friends, your home, health and the delicious food that you have enjoyed this past year and that you are about to enjoy. Thanksgiving is day known for enjoying turkey, potatoes and gravy with the family, but with having the internet at your fingertips some families are introducing some fun, delicious new recipes into the mix! Here are some of the delicious Thanksgiving ideas I had come across.
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 wide strips orange zest, plus 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus 1 ounce (2 tablespoons), melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (from 3 slices white bread, crusts removed)
To see the step by step directions click here.
- 1/4 cup Ginger Syrup
- 4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 pieces crystallized ginger
Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses. Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger, and serve.
***All recipes are from http://www.marthastewart.com/
Going to be in Boston and need somewhere to eat?!
Here are some restaurants that will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner…
The Frogmore located at 365 Centre Street
Fairsted Kitchen located at 1704 Beacon Street
Brasserie Jo located at 120 Huntington Avenue
Deuxave located at 371 Commonwealth Avenue